Executive Sous Chef Digirolamo of Hyatt Regency hails from the Perugia region of Italy, an area known for its noble wines and excellent food. He is well versed in the nuances of Italian cuisine and is responsible for adding a touch of Tuscan-Umbrian cuisine to the menu by adding a selection of dishes exclusive to his region.
Quick & Healthy
Pere al forno con pancetta affumicata, miele, pecorino e noci
(Oven backed pears with pancetta, honey, walnuts, and pecorino cheese) – For 5 guests
Quick & Healthy
15 small skin off ripened pears
15 slice of Pancetta (Italian bacon)
5 soup spoon of rosemary honey
200 gm pecorino cheese
100 gm fresh cream
30 gm walnuts
1. Wrap the pears with the Pancetta and place it in the oven at 200c for 15 minutes
2. In the main time melt the grated pecorino cheese with the cream in a pan.
3. Remove the pears from the oven once the pancetta will be creaspy
4. Place it in the plate and serve with pecorino cream sauce and sprinkle with honey and walnuts
5. Serve hot.
Burrata tiepida con pinoli aglio arrosto e basilico
(Warm burrata with roast garlic, basil and tomatoes) – for 5 guests
1kg fresh burrata cheese
50 gm garlic (pealed and oven backed)
50 gm pine nuts(toasted)
1 bunch fresh basil
2 soup spoon olive oil
1 kg fresh tomato (diced)
1 tea spoon dry origano
1. Stuff the burrata with a mixture of basil, pine nuts, roasted garlic, and origano.
2. Make a light sauce with the tomato tossed in garlic with salt and pepper.
3. Place the light tomato sauce in a oven prove plate and on top the stuffed burrata, add the olive oil and place in the oven for a couple of minute , just to reach the temperature of 45c.
4. Serve the burrata with toasted bread.