India Design ID 2017
India’s Definitive Design Week is back again with showcases from best decor brands along with eminent speakers from India and abroad. The exhibition also helps create a new generation of creative and business-based talent factories that help fuel the design economy of the country. India Design ID recognises and celebrates designers and creativity from diverse disciplines in designing – interiors, product design, architecture and installations.
The event flagged off on 11th February, 2017 with off-site activities across the design districts of the city, New Delhi culminating with the main event at the NSIC Grounds, Okhla on the weekend of 16th-19th February 2017.
The Preview party saw the attendance of some prominent people from the industry such as Anju Modi, JJ Valaya, Sunil Sethi with daughter Tanira, Nida Mehmood, Hari Bhartia, Maneka Gandhi, Gauri, Simar Duggal, Narresh Kukreja, Peter D’Ascoli, Rajesh Thakore to name a few.
It comprises of three verticals – ID Exhibit, ID Symposium and ID Satellite. This collaboration will bring together the design community to share their experiences, knowledge and aesthetics through exhibitions, installations and discussions.
Commenting on the initiative, Gaurav Mashruwala, CEO, Ogaan Media Pvt. Ltd. says, “This year we are celebrating 5 years of India Design ID and over this time period, it has not only become the country’s premier design celebration but has very effectively changed the definition of good design & architecture in India.”
ID EXHIBIT is an exhibition space that will showcase the finest in home decoration, with high-end brands and designers unveiling their latest collections. This year, we present themed pavilions, namely Decoration, Decoration I, Decoration II, Design and Trends. Housed within the Decoration Pavilion will be the best in décor, the Trends Pavilion will present the Colour Next trend forecasts for 2017, and the Design Pavilion showcases the talents of designers and design labels.
The Decoration Pavilion will include established names such as Arttd’inox, Apartment9, Antonio Lupi, Beyond Designs, K2India, Roca, BoConcept, Sarita Handa, The Pure Concept and Rational Kitchens by CJ Living to name a few.
The Trend Pavilion will feature designer interpretations of the colour trends forecast for 2017. Asian Paints will announce their Colour Next 2017 forecasts at the event to supplement the efforts of creating awareness and backing the design intent of India Design ID 2017.
While announcing the Colour Next 2017, Mr. Amit Syngle, President – Asian Paints Ltd’s President Sales, Marketing and Technology says, “The Indian Décor scene is getting defined better and sharper as we move ahead. Consumers are now more evolved than ever, their travel diaries getting fatter and appetite for a designer abode growing bigger. There is a strong need for partnering with them and offering solutions that not just satiates the consumer’s demand but also understands the bigger emotional connect a person feels towards home.
We are proud that Asian Paints is one such brand that has cultivated a practice of reading market trends ahead of its time and impacting consumer lives through it. Many of our recent collections – the latest wallpaper designs from Nilaya, the new designer wall finishes from Royale Play and the décor forecast through Colour Next, all attempts to present to the consumer a new inspiration. From transforming walls to showcasing beautiful homes to our audience, our endeavor has been to inspire people to create inspiring spaces that they are proud of.” And finally the outdoor space will feature installations by leading designers like Asian Paints Royale Play, Apartment9, Kanika Bawa Design, Mukul Goyal, MOFA, Handmade World, to name a few
This year there is a third Decoration pavilion which is an addition to India Design ID 2017 which will feature new exhibitors namely, 2R Italian Design, Alex Davis, Casa Medici/Golden Locks, iGuzzini/LSI, Intersekt, Italian Trade Agency, Ora Mosaic
ID Symposium, powered by Roca seeks to inspire the design fraternity in India, and also offer a networking opportunity to build relationships within the industry. ID Symposium would feature engaging speakers from different walks of life, such as Alberto Alessi, Humberto Campana, Sou Fujimoto, Ashiesh Shah, Sanjay Puri, Alberto Meda, Li Edelkoort to name a few.
Mr KE Ranganathan, MD, Roca Bathroom Products Pvt Ltd said “We are elated to be a part of the India Design ID Symposium 2017 once again. This platform offers a great opportunity to the design fraternity and creative professionals from India to exchange their ideas, knowledge and proficiency. Roca, the global front-runner in bathroom solutions, aims to deliver the possible innovative solutions while creating unique experiences for its consumers. Associating ourselves with ID Symposium is a step to showcase our core strength of design and innovation, thereby, encouraging and engaging with the audience through our professional expertise.”
This year visitors to India Design ID 2017 will have a wide array of eating options to choose from, such as All things Chocolate, Anitdote, Big Fat Sandwich and Wok Me, Blue Tokai, Brown Sugar, Caara, Café Yell, Dunkin Dounts , Greener, Jugmug Thela, Kaffa Cerrado, Le Meridien, The Park, White Rhino, Zeaside.
ID Satellite, the hip offsite vertical discovers design districts of Delhi with promotions, collaborations and events across different venues through week long festivities at design districts like Lado Sarai, Meharchand Market, Shahpur Jat, Defence Colony, and MG Road with new additions at Khan Market and Greater Kailash which will have the capital buzzing with design. The participating venues will feature design-linked activities across lifestyle stores, restaurants, malls, bookshops, galleries, select public/private locations, with an explosion of launches, new collections, cocktails, previews, reviews and special events.
Last year’s event saw over 30,000 visitors, from the design trade as well as design-conscious consumers, and this year the numbers are expected to be substantially higher.
Highlights of India Design ID 2017
- Launch of the third Decoration Pavilion which is an addition to India Design ID 2017 which will feature new exhibitors namely 2R Italian Design, Alex Davis, Casa Medici/Golden Locks, iGuzzini/LSI, Intersekt, Italian Trade Agency, Ora Mosaic
- A collaboration between ELLE DECOR India and Goderj Interio, Godrej Design Lab was established in 2014 to give designers an opportunity to bring to life their dream furniture products. The winners also get a chance to see their concepts come to life, thank to research and development facilities made available to them by Godrej Interio. The finalists picked by an eminent jury get to showcase the prototypes of their winning products at India Design ID.
- In its milestone 15th year now, EDIDA in partnership with Sunil Sethi Design Alliance is an effort to recognize and acknowledge the best and most innovative Indian designs and the minds behind them. It is a platform for established as well as upcoming creatives to showcase their work across nine home decor categories – bathware, bedroom, fabrics, furniture, flooring, kitchen, lighting, tableware, wall finishes and coverings; and three exclusive segments – Designer of the Year, Young Talent and Student of the Year. CuroCarte.com helmed by Ananya Birla came on board as the title sponsor for EDIDA India 2016. The winners were announced in a grand ceremony at the iconic Royal Opera House,
- The finalists of the Indian adaptation not only get their own showcase at India
- Design ID each year but also qualify for the international EDIDAs.
- In order to keep things fresh and relevant, every industry needs to pass the baton on to the younger generation. So is the case with design. An initiative by the Park Hotels, headlined by Priya Paul, Chairperson of Apeejay Surrendra Park Hotels and ELLE DECOR India, the Park ELLE DECOR Student contest aims to give a boost to students by rewarding their work and unique thought processes. Talent is recognised across four categories namely accessories, fabric, furniture and lighting. The finalists are felicitated at India Design ID, where their products get a special showcase.
- In an effort to create an environmentally conscious gesture, MOFA Studios our design partner in collaboration with Cutting Creations and rat[Lab] – research in architecture and technology plans to create a mega urban landscape stretching from one end of the venue to another using scrap wood, dotting the central promenade right from one end to the other. These fluid funicular structures rising from the ground create interactive spaces for people to sit, lounge around with endless cups of teas n coffees and for kids to climb, adding a factor of human interaction with the built environment.
- This year we have interesting outdoor installations from Pure Concept, Kanika Bawa, Sahil & Sarthak and MOFA to name a few
- Asian Paints & ELLE DECOR bring to you the popular Pecha Kucha fun presentations by Tania Khosla, Thukral & Tagra, Shabnam Gupta and Pavitra Rajaram
- Opening VIP Preview: To commence post the Asian Paints ColourNext 2017 launch on the 15th of Feburary, 2017 followed by four days of exhibition.
- A great amalgamation of International Speakers attending India Design ID 2017 to watch out for: Alberto Alessi, Carlo Ratti, Matteao Cibic, Peter D’Ascoli, Sou Fujumoto to name a few
- ID Talks a new interactive video-based digital property launched under the India Design ID banner, dedicated to spreading ideas in interiors and design.
- Visit the ELLE DECOR booth to participate in a fun contest and win prizes
- Don’t forget to join the design revolution with ID Satellite starting from 11th to the 19th Feb across select design districts in the capital and attend some of the special events highlighted in the ID Satellite Map which can be downloaded from the website –www.indiadesignid.com
- Some of the events to look out for are :
- Enjoy Flat 40% off and avail assured gifts with any purchase February 11-19, 2017
- Multi-plant arrangement workshop by Earth Box February 11, 2017, 3-5pm
- Live demonstration of making hand-woven outdoor furniture February 11-15, 2017
- Pottery making and sculpting workshop by artist Apeksha Mathur February 12, 2017, 1-3pm (with lunch)
- A soft launch of their studio from February 11, 2017, 3-6 pm
- Cocktail reception and interactive session with customers and press February 11, 2017, 7-9 pm
- Also, there will be a spring sale with upto 30% discount on selected products
ID Exhibit & ID Symposium:
Venue: NSIC grounds, Okhla, New Delhi
Time: 10 AM – 7 PM
Ticket Pricing: INR 300/-per day
Time: 10 AM – 5 PM
Ticket pricing (1 day): INR 3,000
Ticket pricing (3 day): INR 9,000
Title Sponsor – Asian Paints
Strategic Design Partners:
Sunil Sethi Design Alliance
The Park Hotels
ITALY PARTNER COUNTRY:
Italian Trade Agency
For more info, plz visit www.indiadesignid.com